City of Asheboro residents must obtain a "Rec Card" in order to receive in-City rates for programs, events, sports and facility rentals. The card is free, but there is a $5.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Residents must visit the Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services office at 241 Sunset Avenue between 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday to apply for a card.
Please bring the following documents with you when applying for a Rec Card:
- A valid picture ID with your current address
- A current utility bill with your street address
- A Birth Certificate or School ID for children age 15 & younger
Children must be accompanied by their parent/guardian in order to receive a card
Rec Cards are valid for approximately one year. At the renewal time, you will need to come back to the Cultural & Recreation Services Department with verification documents proving that you still reside within the Asheboro City Limits. If you qualify for a Rec Card but do not want one, you will be charged the non-resident rate for activities and programs. For additional information, call Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services at 336-626-1240.
Rec Card Benefits
The Rec Card entitles holders to City Resident Rates at the Municipal Golf Course, Lake Lucas, Lake Reese, Memorial Pool, North Asheboro Pool, and various Recreation programs.
As an added benefit, card holders can also access the Randolph-Asheboro YMCA for a fee of $2.50 per visit as follows:
- Visit the YMCA's Splash Pad on Wednesdays from 4:00pm - 6:45pm, Saturdays from 8:00am - 4:00pm and Sundays from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Swim in the YMCA pool during the months of August - May on Saturdays from 1:00pm - 4:45pm and Sundays from 2:00pm - 4:45pm.
- Visit the gymnasium from basketball on Saturdays from 8:00am - noon (year round). The gym will also be available on Wednesdays from 6:00am - noon and 8:00pm - 10:00pm from May 1 - November 30.