Announcements & News
ATTENTION - Monday, March 23, 2020
Due to federal, state and other local authorities having issued directives to take preventive and proactive measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 the Mayor of Asheboro has declared a local State of Emergency. As a result, Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services announces the following facility closures and event cancellations.
· The Recreation Office will operate with restricted access.
· The Recreation Center, Skate Park, and Sunset Theatre are closed for all programs and rentals until further notice.
· Existing facility rentals that are scheduled during the State of Emergency will be canceled and until further notice no new rentals will be booked. Refunds will be issued to all canceled events.
· Randolph County Special Olympic Spring Games are canceled.
· All youth and adult athletic practices, meetings, and games are suspended.
· The Randolph County Senior Games are suspended and will be rescheduled for a later date if possible.
Outdoor spaces including all parks, the Municipal Golf Course, Lake Lucas & Lake Reese recreational areas, and the W.W. Thomas Tennis Center will remain open at this time but please remember to follow social distancing guidelines and remain more than 6 feet from others.
The City of Asheboro will continue to monitor this evolving situation and provide updates as appropriate. We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience. Should you have any questions, please call 336.626.1240.
Youth Sports Update
***Attention***All youth sports practices have been cancelled for the remainder of the week. We will reevaluate on Monday. Please call 336-626-1240 with questions or concerns.
2020 Thrifty Thursday Movies