Announcements & News
If you have any questions regarding any of our programs or facilities, please call 336-626-1240.
Facilities – closed through at least January 8, 2021:
· The Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services administration office (241 Sunset Avenue) will operate with restricted access.
· Bicentennial Park will not be allowed to host any special events, fairs, or festivals due to the prohibition on Mass Gatherings as stated by Executive Order.
· Existing facility rentals at either Bicentennial Park or the Sunset Theatre, which exceed Executive Order guidelines, are cancelled through at least January 8, 2021. Refunds will be issued to all cancelled events.
Programs – cancelled, postponed or restrictions:
· The Randolph County Senior Games and all associated events and practices have been cancelled.
· Special Populations programs, including the Randolph County Special Olympics Fall and Winter Games have been cancelled.
Open Facilities – please note some operational changes:
· Asheboro Municipal Golf Course
o Will operate daily, weather permitting, from 7:30am – 5:00pm.
o The pro shop will be closed to the public with the exception of the restroom facilities.
o Cart rentals will be limited to one golfer per cart. Two persons from the same household may ride together on the same cart.
o Carts will be sanitized between golfers.
o Bunker rakes have been removed. Please smooth sand with your foot.
o Leave the flag stick in the hole at all times. The cups have been modified to allow for ball removal from the cup without having to touch the flag stick or the cup.
· Athletic Programs
o Athletic Fields are open with the limitations of state mandated mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements.
o The 2021 Youth Basketball program has been modified. Refunds or account credits have been issued to those who no longer wish to participate.
o Please contact our Sports Program Supervisor at 336-626-1240 ext. 9 for additional questions / restrictions.
· Lake Lucas and Lake Reese Recreational Areas
o Will operate under normal hours of operation.
o Private boat launching and bank fishing are permitted as long as social distancing requirements are followed.
o Lake offices will be closed to the public.
o All canoe, Jon-boat, and kayak rentals at Lake Lucas are suspended during this modified “Stay at Home” order.
· Parks, Playgrounds and Trails
o Residents may engage in outdoor activities at City park facilities and trails as long as residents comply with state mandated social distancing requirements and mass gathering limits.
o Playgrounds are open.
o Picnic shelters are available to rent. Reserving groups will be limited to the outside mass gathering limit of 50 people, regardless of the shelter size.
o Facilities encompassed in this section include Bicentennial Park, the W.W. Thomas Tennis Center, and all of the various neighborhood parks.
· Recreation Center
o Open for program participants with pre-registration only.
o Pre-registration is not needed for open gym activities. These programs are limited by social distancing guidelines and are filled on a first-come-first-serve basis from our North Street entrance ONLY.
o For a detailed schedule and to register for these activities, please visit www.asheboronc.gov and follow the Culture & Recreation link.
· Skate Park
o The Skate Park has resumed normal hours of operation.
§ Monday – Friday 4pm – 7pm
§ Saturday 10am – 7pm
§ Sunday 1pm – 7pm
§ Closed during inclement weather and on announced City Holidays.
· Sunset Theatre
o The Sunset Theatre is open for limited programming and rentals, as allowed by Executive Order, following the limitations of state mandated mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements.
o Please contact the Theatre’s Program Coordinator at 336-626-1240 ext. 14 for additional questions / restrictions.
· Swimming Pools
o Memorial and North Asheboro Pools are closed for the season.