City of Asheboro residents must obtain a "Rec Card" in order to receive in-City rates for programs, events, sports and facility rentals. The card is free, but there is a $5.00 replacement fee for misplaced. Residents must visit the Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services office at 241 Sunset Avenue between 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday to apply for a card.
In order to qualify for Rec Card, the adult applying for the card must currently live within Asheboro's city limits, and such an individual must present a valid government issued picture ID to verify the individual current status as a city resident. If the address on the government-issued picture ID is not the applicant's current street address, residency can be proven with one of the following:
- A current (within the month) bill with the applicant’s street address; or
- A current (within the month) bank statement with the applicant’s street address.
A child age 15 and younger for whom a Rec Card is sought must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a verifiable parental/guardian relationship to the child. In addition to the parent/guardian providing the information specified above, one of the following forms of identification must be provided for the child:
- A government-issued picture ID;
- A birth certificate
- A school ID
- Visit the YMCA's Splash Pad on Wednesdays from 4:00pm - 6:45pm, Saturdays from 8:00am - 4:00pm and Sundays from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Swim in the YMCA pool during the months of August - May on Saturdays from 1:00pm - 4:45pm and Sundays from 2:00pm - 4:45pm.
- Visit the gymnasium from basketball on Saturdays from 8:00am - noon (year round). The gym will also be available on Wednesdays from 6:00am - noon and 8:00pm - 10:00pm from May 1 - November 30.