City of Asheboro residents must obtain a "Rec Card" in order to receive in-City rates for programs, events, sports and facility rentals. The card is free, but there is a $5.00 replacement fee for lost or stolen cards. Residents must visit the Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services office at 241 Sunset Avenue between 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday to apply for a card.
Please bring the following documents with you when applying for a Rec Card:
- A valid picture ID with your current address
- A current utility bill with your street address
- A Birth Certificate or School ID for children age 15 & younger
Children must be accompanied by their parent/guardian in order to receive a card
Rec Cards are valid for approximately one year. At the renewal time, you will need to come back to the Cultural & Recreation Services Department with verification documents proving that you still reside within the Asheboro City Limits. If you qualify for a Rec Card but do not want one, you will be charged the non-resident rate for activities and programs. For additional information, call Asheboro Cultural & Recreation Services at 336-626-1240.
- Visit the YMCA's Splash Pad on Wednesdays from 4:00pm - 6:45pm, Saturdays from 8:00am - 4:00pm and Sundays from 1:00pm - 3:00pm.
- Swim in the YMCA pool during the months of August - May on Saturdays from 1:00pm - 4:45pm and Sundays from 2:00pm - 4:45pm.
- Visit the gymnasium from basketball on Saturdays from 8:00am - noon (year round). The gym will also be available on Wednesdays from 6:00am - noon and 8:00pm - 10:00pm from May 1 - November 30.